Saturday, January 30, 2010

Wanderings in the Dark

sleeping-commuter.jpg

Wanderings in the Dark
by Lesli Jamison

Itinerant, my thoughts dwell,

Amidst nowhere and here.

Cognizant obscurity.

Unsettled, yet so clear.


These peripatetic wanderings

Of a mind left undisguised,

Undermined yet determined,

Seen through unseeing eyes.


A visage without description.

A hope without a cause.

Over zealous ambivalence

Met with an applause.


Vague light begins to filter

Penetrating concepts unknown.

Tangible or fantastical?

Accompanied or alone?


The flutter of an eye-lid,

The sensation of being aware.

I open my eyes, my dreams dissipate.

Awake I lie grasping that, which had no cares.

2 comments:

  1. beautiful poem lesli. i read "applause" as apple sauce at first, which seemed uncharacteristically playful. i must be sleepy :) thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete